Caring for Your Cutlery
WMF have shared their advice on cutlery care and maintenance, which we are in turn sharing with you here. Their advice is as follows…
- Do not leave the cutlery to soak in water for too long. The adhered leftovers combined with water is an aggressive medium which attacks the material. Please note that mustard, soya sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup and other acidic foods are aggressive toward the material.
- Rinse the cutlery of leftovers before placing it into the dishwasher. Preferably waterjets from above.
- We strongly advise to sort/place the cutlery into cutlery specific rackings ensuring blade and bowl look up. Knives should be kept seperate from the other items to avoid any scratching.
- Clean the cutlery in your dishwasher and always use a high-quality cleaning agent at the correct dose. Always note the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove the cutlery from the dishwasher as soon as possible after the wash cycle has finished and dry the items with a towel. Where this is not possible, the door of the dishwasher should be left open so that the steam can escape and there is no moisture build-up.
- All WMF silver and PVD pieces are dishwasher safe and easy to use on a daily basis and regular use will help to prevent tarnishing. Although PVD and Silver pieces should not be washed in the same cutlery basket as stainless steel cutlery.